Updated: Dec 4, 2019
Regenerate your skin and your soul visiting the Blue Lagoon
Its spectacular opaque blue color that dissents with the intense blacks of the larva fields, makes Blue Lagoon one of the most visited attractions in Iceland.
In addition to its attractive milky color, the wonderful Blue Lagoon has the perfect temperature to take a restful bath, its waters remain at 39 degrees Celsius about 120 ° F.
Did your curiosity arouse? Do you want to know more about this show? Well, I tell you that this tourist attraction is located on the Reykjanes peninsula just southeast of Iceland. You arrive in Iceland you travel only 15 minutes by car from Keflavik airport and you find the lagoon, but if you are in the capital Reykjavik by car you can take about 30 minutes before arriving.
A perfect location don't you think? You have no excuse to include it in your travel itinerary, you can visit it when you arrive in Iceland or when you are leaving.
The Blue Lagoon pierced the screens After National Geographic will mention the Blue Lagoon as one of the 25 wonders of the world its popularity pierced the screens.
Today it is recognized as one of the best 10 spas in the world and its fame grows like foam.
Its relaxing waters with nutritious properties on the skin and its excellent geographical location, place it as the most visited tourist destination in Iceland, not for nothing booking a visit is so difficult.
Enjoy your view of the Blue Lagoon
Next, some information that you must take into account to make your visit to the Blue Lagoon unforgettable.
1. First, take into account that this spa in Iceland is open to the public throughout the year.
2. When booking you can choose between comfort level, Spa or premium tickets
3. Very important, the minimum age to enter the Blue Lagoon is 2 years.
4. Children under 2 up to 13 years old enter for free.
5. Remember to make your reservation with days or even weeks in advance, it is a very popular attraction and all year there are millions of people willing to visit it.
6. I recommend you book a night visit so you can enjoy the midnight sun during the summer season and if you are lucky you can witness a Northern Lights in winter.
7. Do not fear the cold, the temperature of the Blue Lagoon throughout the year is 39 degrees Celsius, one 120 ° F.
8. Water, in an unusual milky blue tone, has properties that will work miracles on your battered skin and oily hair, it is rich in minerals similar to silicon.
9. If you have psoriasis problems it is highly recommended to take a bath in the waters of La Lagua Azul.
10. Lagua Azul is not natural, it was built in 1976 by accident. In addition, you should know that the water of this world wonder is renewed every 48 hours.
What should you do to visit the Blue Lagoon?
Try to book well in advance, it is easy through the official website of the place.
Keep in mind that tickets are sold out very easily, everyone wants to go to the Blue Lagoon.
As for prices, these vary depending on availability. In case you manage to make a secure last minute reservation, the entrance will be much more expensive.
Having the reservation ready, it is best to determine the means of transport that you will use to reach the lagoon. If you planned your visit when you arrive in Iceland you can reach the attraction from the airport by bus, buy a round ticket airport-Laguna Azul- Reykjavik.
Now, if you want to rent a car to visit other sites in Iceland, then it will take you about 35 minutes to drive from the center of the Reykjavik capital to the Blue Lagoon.
You have other alternatives, for example, sign up for a tour that takes you to the lagoon and allows you to do other activities on the same day, whale watching or a visit to the Golden Circle among others.
Anyway, if you are planning your vacation and want to know a unique place, which will relax your mind, body and spirit, consider visiting the Blue Lagoon and see for yourself because it is considered one of the 25 wonders of the world.